ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mario Ds Briggs <mario.bri...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using iBatis just for generating 'Dynamic SQL'
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:54:51 GMT
Ok i see the point. BTW which reference architecture are you referring to -
the JasperReports reference architecture.

             Prem75
             <premkumarc@virtu
             sa.com>                                                    To
                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
             09/12/2009 15:12                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Using iBatis just for
             user-java@ibatis.         generating 'Dynamic SQL'
                apache.org

Thanks Mario for the response. We have used spring jdbc template earlier,
but
as far as I know it doesn't support generating SQL dynamically based on
parameters. E.g. think of a complex report where the entire 'where clause'
for it is build based on the user inputs. Another reason why we want to
stick with iBatis is architecturally we don't want to deviate from what
existing Reference Architecture.

Mario Briggs wrote:

> Maybe there is a way and the ibatis devs can tell you how. But i will ask
> different question, why not use something like Spring JDBC templates or
> similar technology ?
>
> regards
> Mario
>

>              Prem75