ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: New to iBatis facing problem to get started
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 05:38:32 GMT
On 12/30/2009 12:28 AM, vishalj wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using iBatis for the first time ,but no success yet.This is how my
> setup looks like
> String resource = "com/pg/ibatis/config/Configuration.xml";
> 		Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
> 		SqlSessionFactory factory = new SqlSessionFactoryBuilder()
> 				.build(reader);
> 		SqlSession session = factory.openSession();
> 		try {
> 			UserProfileMapper mapper = session.getMapper(UserProfileMapper.class);
> 			UserProfile profile = mapper.selectUserProfile(1);
> 			System.out.println("PROFILE " + profile);
> 			System.out.println(profile.getName());
> 		} finally {
> 			session.close();
> 		}
>
> But i am getting NPE
> PROFILE null
> 	at Main.main(Main.java:23)

Well, put in a catch clause and print a stack trace.  Hard to tell where
the error is occurring, since you are not showing complete source, so we
have no idea where line 23 is.

Though the execution is printing out your first System.out, I'm guessing
the error is much earlier.  My guess would be that it can't find your
Configuration.xml file.  Are your running within an IDE?  Debug and
single step through to make sure that the factory, session and mapper
objects are all getting created successfully.

--
Guy Rouillier