ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: working with "raw" map<k,v>s instead of entities?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:36:59 GMT
Larry Meadors schrieb:
> Not really a preferred way - it's going to be up to you to decide if
> you want code or configuration.

I see. :)

> I think a row handler might be the best option in this case. So you
> would have ibatis mapping all of your results to a Map, then in your
> RowHandler, you'd take that row, and create the entity object, pluck
> out the fixed values, then copy the rest to your entity's attributes
> map.

But as far as I investigated things by now, I will still have to, say,
come up with some sort of mapping configuration telling which column
(id/name) to be stored in which key/property in java.util.Map? I can't,
like, in an sqlMap definition, "iterate" across all the columns found to
make sure each column gets stored in a Map entry with the same key, like ...

	// pseudocode
	<resultMap id="mapResult" class="java.util.HashMap">
		<for "column" in "result.columns">
		   <property name="$column" columnName="$column"/>
		</for>
	</resultMap>

... ? This would make this project drastically easier. ;)

> You could probably create a RowHandler<Entity> sort of solution to do
> that in a more general manner which would eliminate some redundant
> code.

Yes, that's what comes to mind here. But I'm not half-way there yet I
guess. :)

> Sounds like it'd be a fun project. :)

Indeed. :/ The structure in this system, so far, has successfully kept
me from applying virtually any kind of available O/R mapping in a
meaningful way. OTOH however, the iBatis way is pretty straightforward
and easy-to-explain I guess so not having hibernate in here is not all
that bad after all. ;)

K.