ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net>
Subject working with "raw" map<k,v>s instead of entities?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:32:44 GMT
Folks;

not sure whether this is a stupid question; I've been playing with this
idea before already: As far as I see, after dealing with a bunch of
other approaches (EclipseLink/JPA, hibernate, ...), I saw that in the
end parts of our backend code ended up being a "weak re-implementation"
of the iBatis idea, which makes me reconsider iBatis once again. For
now, looking at the feature set, there is one thing I would want to do
with iBatis, but I am not sure how to do so / whether it can be done at all:

In my situation, I select * from a bunch of tables joined via an
identifier, to, by then, take the identifier and a few other "fixed"
columns which will appear all the time and put them into designated
values of an entity, and the "rest" of the selection simply goes to a
Map<string,string> inside the entity. While this works pretty well, say,
inside a Spring JdbcTemplate mapper, I am unsure how / if to do
something like this in an iBatis configuration file as well. So to ask:

- Is it possible?
- How to do it, if so?

Thanks a bunch in advance and kindest regards,
Kristian