ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: Ibatis 3 Annotaion - Get # Rows updated
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:03:15 GMT
On 12/10/2009 2:38 PM, Chris Olsen wrote:

> Guy,
>    Using the 212 build that function returns a void and not an integer and
> will not compile.
> Thanks for the thought, any other places we might look?

I have a SQL statement in my XML file defined using <update>.  Here is
the corresponding method in my Java mapper file:

    int updateBundleNameAndTimeZone(@Param("custId") String custId,
@Param("bundle") BundleSummaryData bundle);

And here is the invocation:

    BossMapper mapper = session.getMapper(BossMapper.class);

    int iRowCount = mapper.updateBundleNameAndTimeZone(custId, bundle);
    if (iRowCount == 1) {
      session.commit();
    } else {
      session.rollback();
    }

This works fine; iRowCount is 1 after an update.

What doesn't compile for you?

> -- Chris Olsen
>

> Guy Rouillier-2 wrote:
>>
>> On 12/10/2009 11:51 AM, Chris Olsen wrote:
>>>
>>> Using the V3 Annotations and session.GetMapper trying to figure out if
>>> there
>>> is a way to figure out how many rows were updated.  I have seen some
>>> other
>>> posts that reference a way using some of the other methods but I can not
>>> find any docs for the Annotations methods or docs for the API's.  Any
>>> pointers greatly appreciated.
>>
>> The update methods (insert, update and delete) return a rowcount.  So use
>>
>>     int rowsUpdated = mapper.updateScript(script);
>>

>>>     Thanks - Chris Olsen
>>>
>>> Sample code:
>>>           try {
>>>               session = sqlMapper.openSession();
>>>               final ScriptMapper mapper =
>>> session.getMapper(ScriptMapper.class);
>>>               mapper.updateScript(script);
>>>               session.commit();
>>>           } catch(IbatisException ex) {
>>>               logger.log(Level.WARNING, "Unable to update script entry: "
>>> +
>>> script.getId(), ex);
>>>           }
>>>           finally {