ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: Beta 6 Oracle Invalid column type: getCLOB not implemented
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:06:43 GMT
On 12/10/2009 12:19 PM, Jeff Butler wrote:
> JDBC 3 has always been a requirement. There was a change in this area
> in ibatis but I don't recall the particulars right now. I'll need to
> do a bit of research to recall.
>
> Hmmm works on windows but not on linux? I'd double check to make sure
> that there is not an older driver sneaking into the mix on linux.

I created a simple JSP in the same Tomcat context as our application, to
make sure it would load the same JDBC driver as our app.  Here is what I
executed:

       <%
       ... get a connection
       DatabaseMetaData dmd = conn.getMetaData();
       aDriverVersion = dmd.getDriverVersion();
       %>

On both Windows and Linux, the result is

       Driver version: 11.2.0.1.0

Please let me know if I can help in any way to isolate this issue.  Thanks.

> On 12/10/09, Guy Rouillier<guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 12/10/2009 11:33 AM, Jeff Butler wrote:
>>> This method (getCLOB) is a JDBC 3 method. You must now use a driver
>>> that is JDBC 3 compliant.
>>
>> I'm using the ojdbc6.jar driver from 11g (although our databases are
>> 10g, the 11g drivers are required for JDK 6.)  The Oracle JDBC FAQ says
>> this about JDBC version support:
>>
>> Oracle 11.1.0 and 11.2.0 support:
>>
>>         Full support for JDBC 3.0 in the JDK 1.5 drivers.
>>         Full support for JDBC 4.0 in the JDK 1.6 drivers with the
>> exception of SQLXML which is not supported.
>>
>> I wouldn't think the JDBC 3 requirement was introduced between Beta 5
>> and Beta 6, right?  The code works fine with the Beta 5 code.
>>
>> The best hint I could find with some quick Googling is that getCLOB
>> should not be used to retrieve a VARCHAR column.  All the character
>> columns in the table I supplied in the Jira issue are VARCHAR; the table
>> has no CLOB columns.
>>
>> I'm also at a loss to figure out why everything works fine on Windows
>> but fails on Linux.  Same Oracle driver, same JDK version, same Tomcat
>> version.  Obviously, the VM is native code.
>>
>> Something has changed between Beta 5 and Beta 6 to cause this.
>>
>> Thanks.

>> --
>> Guy Rouillier

Guy Rouillier