ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "J.C." <jcham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When can we get next version which is "iBATIS for Java 2.3.5" ?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:03:53 GMT

First, I apologize in advance for resurrecting an old thread, but its content
still seems very relevant.

I went looking for an updated version of iBatis 2.3.4 that addresses this
issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-517

It looks like in the "release notes" for iBatis 2.3.5 it is listed as fixed:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10601&styleName=Html&version=12313829

However, these release notes are just generated by JIRA, and iBatis 2.3.5
does not appear to be released yet.

It has been six months since this original message, and over a year since
the 2.3.4 release (Sept 2008). Is there any chance of getting iBatis 2.3.5
officially released soon?

I also tried downloading the source and building it. It won't compile with
Java 6, or Java 5 (it looks like it provides implementations of
java.sql.ResultSet and java.sql.DataSource that aren't Java 5 or Java 6
compliant).

[INFO] Compilation failure

R:\ibatis\ibatis-2.3.5\ibatis-2-core\src\com\ibatis\sqlmap\engine\type\CallableStatementResultSet.java:[29,7]
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.Callab
leStatementResultSet is not abstract and does not override abstract method
updateNClob(java.lang.String,java.io.Reader) in java.sql.ResultSet

R:\ibatis\ibatis-2.3.5\ibatis-2-core\src\com\ibatis\common\jdbc\SimpleDataSource.java:[52,7]
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource is not abstra
ct and does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in
java.sql.Wrapper

I could try building with Java 1.4; however, Java 1.4 was end-of-life
October 2008. FYI, Java 5 was also end-of-life October 2009.

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/eol.policy.html

Someone really should update the code to compile under Java 6 (maybe with a
source=1.6 and target=1.5). If I did the work for this and submitted a
patch, would someone apply it to the trunk (and then maybe do a release)?

Thanks!

-J.C.