ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prem75 <premkum...@virtusa.com>
Subject Using iBatis just for generating 'Dynamic SQL'
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 06:44:44 GMT

iBatis Community,

We are trying to integrate iBatis with JasperReports. Since most of our
reports are huge, we don't want to load the entire result into a collection
and then hand it over to Jasper. Instead we are trying to utilize the
feature where Jasper can take in a java.sql.Resulset object and pull the
data incrementally to build the reports (also we are using the virtualizers
to keep the memory foot print low on the report filling part). Is there a
way to get the Resultset object from iBatis?

This request has been registered earlier
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-290), any idea why this has
request has kept in an unassigned state even though the priority says major?

Some responses say that, iBatis is not the way to go if we want to directly
work with result sets. Our situation is we are using iBatis to generate
complex dynamic queries, but we want to work with the Resulset directly for
performance reasons.

Few questions (please share your thoughts even if you don't have a solution)

1. Has anyone solved this or a similar problem, if so please share your
solution or thoughts?
2. Does iBatis have a professional support that we can sign up for?
3. Is there a process through which we can request for a paid new feature in
iBatis?
4. Is there a way to get the dynamically generated SQL before execution?

Thanks for reading this far, will be glad to hear your thoughts.