ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zach Visagie <za...@ipay.co.za>
Subject Re: IBatis 3 Exceptions
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 08:08:38 GMT

We have a custom db connection pool which checks error codes/sql states
on the SQLException and determines whether a reconnect is necessary
(cheaper than running a validation query). But this happens behind the
scenes and not on the business layer.

Spring's DataAccessException hierarchy also works on checking vendor
specific codes and translating those into useful vendor neutral
exceptions for things like a duplicate record inserted or deadlock.

I have also come to dislike checked exceptions...

Zach