ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBatis 3 Exceptions
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:58:02 GMT
I have done things like retry logic and/or switching to a different database
in a cluster -- but at all costs I try to do that at the driver level (with
a driver proxy class), rather than in the business logic.  But even if I did
it in the business logic, while I might catch the exception for the retry, I
would not distinguish the failure.

This is really rare though, and I can't remember the last time I did it.
Currently where I work they do the cluster failover logic in a driver proxy
as I mentioned.

Cheers,
Clinton