ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick.Wellman <Rick.Well...@kiewit.com>
Subject RE: IBatis 3 Exceptions
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:27:26 GMT
Agreed on both points below... but am curious to the community at
large... has anyone come up with something useful to do on a database
exception other than apologize to the user?  This might be a good forum
to share.

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:47 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: IBatis 3 Exceptions

Nope.  Nothing technical.  I just happen to hate checked exceptions.
:-)

The original exception is always nested within the runtime one though,
so you have full access to everything you need.

There is a bit of placeholder code where I had intended to build a
hierarchy of exceptions, similar to Spring's exceptions.  But honestly,
I cannot recall a time in my 12 years of Java coding when I could
actually do something useful with a database exception, other than
apologize to the user with a dialog box.

Clinton

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Alex Sherwin