ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "meindert" <meind...@eduflex.com>
Subject RE: Transactionality using ibatis
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:19:13 GMT
Hi Naveen,

I'm using Spring to control the transaction on my (sql server) db
I added to my spring.xml;

Declaration (and jars);
       xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"
       xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx"
       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-2.0.xsd
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop
http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.0.xsd">

Transaction manager configuration;

  <bean id="transactionManager"

class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    </bean>
     <aop:config>
        <aop:advisor pointcut="execution(* esos.server.DAO.*DAOImpl.*(..))"
advice-ref="txAdvice"/>
    </aop:config>
    <tx:advice id="txAdvice">
        <tx:attributes>

            <tx:method name="update*" timeout="600"/>
            <tx:method name="exec*" timeout="1800"/>
			<tx:method name="*" propagation="NEVER"
timeout="60"/>
        </tx:attributes>
    </tx:advice>

This will put all methods in the classes in esos.server.DAO.DAOImpl into
transaction.
The method names starting with update or exec will be encapsulated and all
the other methods will not be placed in a transaction.
The method names starting with exec have been given 30 minutes time to
complete (batch process stored procedures)

I don't know the list of required JARs from the top of my head, but you will
be able to find that on the spring help files.

Kind Regards
 Meindert