ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fernando Rengifo <freng...@gmail.com>
Subject iBATIS 2.3.4 issues closing connections
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:48:33 GMT
Hi all,

Thank you for your time to read this question.
I really (really) appreciate your help on this.

I have developed an application using iBATIS (what a great framework!).
The project started on Feb 2009, and since Oct 2009 is under my client's
server.

We use JNDI to a DB2 iSeries Toolbox DataSource configured under Websphere
6.1 using j400.jar driver.

Since yesterday, they have been noticing this problem with some tables at
DB2 (iSeries) server.
"....... *FILE in use".

They have been making me questions about this issue because they think
iBATIS does not close connections after any transaction.
I have told them about iBATIS documentation, where it says
startTransaction() and endTransaction() are called automatically if we
don't.

What I can tell you, is that I only use sqlMapper.update(), insert(),
queryForObject(), queryForList() for simple queries.

For batch queries, I use the startTransaction(), startBatch(),
executeBatch(), commitTransaction(), endTransaction():

Am I missing somthing ? Is this related to iBATIS?

Thank you very much.

  -Fernando Rengifo.