ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Poitras Christian <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: Potential connection problem when using managed transactions in iBATIS 3
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:43:30 GMT
As a workaround, it is easy to create a custom TransactionFactory and Transaction to make sure
that the connection is closed properly and at the right time.
I've just managed to do so with Spring.

Christian

________________________________
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:26 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Potential connection problem when using managed transactions in iBATIS 3

That is a little odd.  It looks like I intended for something else there.  I'll look at it.

Clinton

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Poitras Christian <Christian.Poitras@ircm.qc.ca<mailto:Christian.Poitras@ircm.qc.ca>>
wrote:
What is the expected behaviour when calling dataSouce.getConnection() for managed transactions
in iBATIS 3?

I find suspicious that ResultLoader calls dataSouce.getConnection() at line 89 which could
create an unexpected connection. And since managed transaction is used, the connection may
never be closed.

Christian

Here is the code from ResultLoader which calls dataSouce.getConnection() :

private Executor newExecutor() throws SQLException {

Environment environment =

configuration.getEnvironment();

if (environment == null)

throw new ExecutorException("ResultLoader could not load lazily. Environment was not configured.");

TransactionFactory txFactory = environment.getTransactionFactory();

if (txFactory == null)

throw new ExecutorException("ResultLoader could not load lazily. Transaction Factory was not
configured.");

DataSource ds = environment.getDataSource();

if (ds == null) throw new ExecutorException("ResultLoader could not load lazily. DataSource
was not configured.");

Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

conn = wrapConnection(conn);

Transaction tx = txFactory.newTransaction(conn,

false);

return configuration.newExecutor(tx, ExecutorType.SIMPLE);

}