ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError in iBatis with applet
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 04:31:28 GMT
patrickos wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was wondering could anyone please help me. I made a Java applet using
> iBatis for database operations. It works perfectly in Eclipse but when I
> embed the applet in a JSP page, I get an iBatis error:

Not a direct answer to your question, but in general allowing direct
database connections from a web client into your database is not a good
idea.  That opens the door to hackers trying to do bad things to or with
your database.  A better approach is to have your applet send requests
to the server, then have the server communicate with the database while
processing the request.

--
Guy Rouillier