ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hibbs" <jhi...@bop.gov>
Subject Re: iBATIS 2.3.4 issues closing connections
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:02:13 GMT
Fernando -

I'm no expert, but I had a similar problem using DB2.  When we moved
from Sun App servers to Glassfish I started having "open Threads"...Not
sure if this is the same as what you're experiencing, but all I had to
do was change my sqlMapConfig file to add the

commitRequired="true" parm....so it looks like this:

 <transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="true">
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property name="DataSource"
value="java:comp/env/@isds.datasource.name@"/>
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>

I hope this helps...Jeff Hibbs

>>> Fernando Rengifo <frengifo@gmail.com> 11/19/2009 2:48 PM >>>

Hi all,

Thank you for your time to read this question.
I really (really) appreciate your help on this.

I have developed an application using iBATIS (what a great
framework!).
The project started on Feb 2009, and since Oct 2009 is under my
client's server.

We use JNDI to a DB2 iSeries Toolbox DataSource configured under
Websphere 6.1 using j400.jar driver.

Since yesterday, they have been noticing this problem with some tables
at DB2 (iSeries) server.
"....... *FILE in use".

They have been making me questions about this issue because they think
iBATIS does not close connections after any transaction.
I have told them about iBATIS documentation, where it says
startTransaction() and endTransaction() are called automatically if we
don't.

What I can tell you, is that I only use sqlMapper.update(), insert(),
queryForObject(), queryForList() for simple queries.

For batch queries, I use the startTransaction(), startBatch(),
executeBatch(), commitTransaction(), endTransaction():

Am I missing somthing ? Is this related to iBATIS?

Thank you very much.

-Fernando Rengifo.

This message is intended for official use and may
contain SENSITIVE information. If this message
contains SENSITIVE information, it should be
properly delivered, labeled, stored, and disposed
of according to policy.”