ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: Ibator for ibatis 3
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:34:20 GMT
Jeff Butler wrote:
> Ibator updates for iBATIS3 are now in SVN.
> Let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

Jeff, thanks for your work on this.  I've been using iBATIS 3 and Ibator
1.2.2 on a new project and the capabilities are great!  I have one
issue.  Just yesterday, I had a complex SELECT statement I was trying to
use.  I started typing up the result map by hand and that got tedious.
So, I took the easy way out and in the database, did a CREATE TABLE AS
SELECT... ; this is Oracle, btw.  That worked fine; I was then able to
run Ibator against the table.

My question is, with Ibator 3 will we be able to ask it to generate
output based on a supplied SELECT statement?  Or is it still restricted
to tables (and views)?  I took a quick look at the SVN repository online
and the DTD still only shows "table" as the way to generate artifacts.

Hmm, another thought.  I typed up the SELECT statement in the iBATIS
mapper file after first testing it in Oracle.  I then started working on
the result map.  Would it be possible to tell Ibator to use an iBATIS
SQL statement ID as the source for generating artifacts?

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier