ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS policy to JDK 1.6 support
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 05:16:42 GMT
i-fujiwara wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
>  > iBATIS 2 is also working fine with JDK 6.
>
> Is it specified in iBATIS specification?
> I want to know whether JDK 1.6 is supported by iBATIS specification or not.
> If JDK 1.6 is supported by iBATIS spec, can you tell me where does it
> specified?

iBATIS is open source software.  The whole concept of support is not
relevant.  The developers have done a terrific job; I'm using it for the
first time on a new project at work and I like the balance of
functionality and simplicity.  But it is what it is; if it works for
you, fine, if not try something else.

As with any other open source project, you won't find guarantees about
anything.  The strongest statement you are likely to hear (and indeed
which several people have already responded) is that it has worked for
them is such and such an environment.

--
Guy Rouillier