ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Josh Joy <joshjd...@gmail.com>
Subject [ibatis 3] insert return generated id?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:38:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm using MS Sql Server 2005, previously with iBatis v2.x, I was able
to get the generated id from an insert as the return value for a
method.

With iBatis v3, the return value is always "1", which I'm assuming
means 1 row was inserted.

How can I configure the api to return the generated id from an insert?
For the insert, I am using keyProperty="id" useGeneratedKeys="true",
and that seems to work... my object property id has the generated id.
Though I would like it as the return value for the insert method as
well...

Thanks,
Josh