ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis 3 Beta 4 new external dependencies
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:02:09 GMT
Martin Ellis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com> wrote:
>> I switched a project under development from Beta 3 to Beta 4, and got
>> several iterations of class not found exceptions.  So far, I've identified
>> the following dependencies on external JARs:
>>
>> cglib-2.2.jar : http://cglib.sourceforge.net/
>> asm-3.2.jar : http://asm.ow2.org/
>
> They're not mandatory dependencies - ibatis isn't intended to have any.
>
> Perhaps try this setting, which should prevent it from trying to use cglib/asm:
>   <settings>
>     <setting name="lazyLoadingEnabled" value="false"/>
>   </settings>

Thanks, that works.  This also addresses the next issue I had.  Beta 3
was populating associations, but Beta 4 was not.  According to the docs,
lazy loaded values should be populated when I refer to them.  This is
not happening in Beta 4.

Because of that and the external dependencies, I'd suggest the default
for lazyLoadingEnabled should be false.

--
Guy Rouillier