ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: Advance Warning: API Change in iBATIS 3 Beta 4
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 05:50:20 GMT
Clinton Begin wrote:
>   List selectList(String statement, Object parameter, RowBounds rowBounds)
>   void select(String statement, Object parameter, RowBounds rowBounds,
> ResultHandler handler)
>
> These methods used to take two int params to define the OFFSET and LIMIT
> for limiting the rows that were returned (for paging etc)  We've
> introduced the RowBounds class to clean that up, but also to allow for
> multi-parameter bindings.  So that this is now possible in Mapper classes:
>
>   List<Post> findAllPostsLike(@Param("subject") String
> subject, @Param("body") String body, RowBounds rowBounds);
>
> RowBounds can be any parameter, not necessarily the last one.  You don't
> have to specify @Param, as it will default to using the ordinal position
> e.g. #{1} #{2}, but with the @Param annotations, you can use #{subject}
> and #{body}.  If you only specify a single parameter, then it's passed
> as always, as the top level parameter (with all properties accessible by
> name without qualification).

Clinton, thank you very much for the tremendous amount of effort you put
into iBatis.

I'm unclear about the XML implementation of multiple parameter bindings.
  I couldn't find any full examples in the PDF, so I looked in
XMLStatementBuilder.java.  Looks like parameterType is still a
single-valued entry.  So, with the example you provide above, what would
we enter for parameterType in the XML file?  Seems like parameterType
will have to become a multi-valued list (comma-separated or some
alternative.)

--
Guy Rouillier