ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: two parametr in Mapper method
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 06:23:01 GMT
I'm glad to see you are considering allowing multiple parameters.  I've
found having to bind everything into one is cumbersome.

What are you thinking of doing for XML?  I'd suggest replacing
ParameterType with ParameterList, with the latter a cut and paste from
the mapper method.  Your example below would look like:

parameterList="int offset, int limit"

 From a programmer's perspective, I'd find the cut and paste easy, and
iBatis would have everything it needs to enable named parameters in the SQL.

Clinton Begin wrote:
> There's no way to introspect on the parameter names.
>
> So your choices become:
>
> @Select({"SELECT * FROM send LIMIT #{1}, #{2}"})
> List getAllItems(int offset, int limit);
>
> ...Or...
>
> @Select({"SELECT * FROM send LIMIT #{offset}, #{limit}"})
> List getAllItems(@Param("offset") int offset, @Param("limit") int limit);
>
> Both suck. But we'll probably default to the first, and allow for the
> second.
>
> Gross.
>
> Clinton
>
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com
> <mailto:guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'd be curious to understand what the Java limitation is.  I would
>     have thought that with Java 1.5's support of varargs, limitations
>     such as this would no longer exists.  Of course, to use varargs
>     here, I suppose we'd have to use Object[], which would shoot your
>     type safety.
>
>     Clinton Begin wrote:
>
>         It's a limitation in Java.  However, we are working on a couple
>         of potential options.  But it's not possible to do it the way
>         you've written it (which is really sad, because it's perfectly
>         possible in C# and other languages).
>
>         Clinton
>
>         2009/10/4 Tomáš Procházka <t.prochazka@centrum.cz
>         <mailto:t.prochazka@centrum.cz> <mailto:t.prochazka@centrum.cz
>         <mailto:t.prochazka@centrum.cz>>>
>

>            Why not supported this?
>
>            @Select({"SELECT * FROM send LIMIT #{offset}, #{limit}"})
>             List getAllItems(int offset, int limit);
>

>            Its limitation of Java or bug in actual version?

>            For additional commands, e-mail:
>         user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>         <mailto:user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org>
>            <mailto:user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org