ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jim Borland <jborl...@calpoly.edu>
Subject RE: iBatis - Connections to PostgreSQL Not Closing
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:17:07 GMT

I've been fighting this issue for a long time now and am quite frustrated.  I
originally started out with just:

--> artists = (ArrayList) sqlMap.queryForList("getArtistInfo", list ); --
but was getting all these <IDLE> connections.  So I tried adding
start/commit/end transaction statements surrounding the query.  Still
getting <IDLE>s so then I tried using :

--> session = sqlMap.openSession(); -- and letting the session
start/commit/end the transaction.  Still got <IDLE>s.  That's when I tried
creating, using and closing my own connection with the same sad result.

One thing Rick Wellman said was especially interesting.  Every time you
create an instance of SqlMapClient you create an entirely new connection
pool.  I hadn't thought about that before.  I guess the bottom line is I
don't really understand what is happening in a connection pool.  Still, my
situation is so simple, yet the same bad outcome occurs no matter what I
try.  Help!