ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jason H King" <jhk...@airmail.net>
Subject Re: mm/dd/yy format issue (urgent)
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:21:06 GMT
This is a front-end issue.  There's no way iBatis or JPA or Hibernate can determine whether
the string "03/04/2009" represents a date in March or April.
On the front end do browser sniffing to determine the language used and then convert accordingly.
Lets suppose 70% of your users are EN-us (mm/dd/yyyy) and 30% are EN-ca (dd/mm/yyyy).
Check the browser settings, for the EN-ca folks flip the first and second numbers then pass
it to iBatis.
If you're saying an individual user might do mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy intermittently there
is no way to consistently work around that.

--- supriyanaidupelluru@gmail.com wrote:

From: HelpMePlz <supriyanaidupelluru@gmail.com>
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: mm/dd/yy format issue (urgent)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

in my ibatis query , ihave to use both mm/dd/yyyy and mm/dd/yy . can you
please tell me how can we do that.
 i have one question right now in my ibatis query i am using mm/dd/yyyy
format if i have given date in that format  like 02/03/2009 i am getting
results , if i changed the date format mm/dd/yy  like 02/03/09  by  giving
this format i am not getting results .

if any one knows anws for these question plz reply me it is very urgent for
me