ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick.Wellman <Rick.Well...@kiewit.com>
Subject RE: Password Encryption
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:58:33 GMT
I needed to use the following technique to solve a similar challenge
recently and, though seemingly obvious, I found no references on the
web.  I cannot give it a full stamp of approval but it is working for us
so far:

1)      Extend the iBatis class SimpleDataSourceFactory:
public class YourClass extends SimpleDataSourceFactory { ... }

2)      Find a way to override access to the property JDBC.Password
[sorry that I cannot take the time to do this for you but if memory
serves, you should be able to do this]

3)      Modify your configuration as follows [note that JDBC.Password is
missing because it will presumably be retrieved at runtime]:

    <transactionManager type="JDBC" >

        <dataSource type="your.package.YourClass">

            <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="${jdbc.driver}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL" value="${jdbc.url}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.Username" value="${jdbc.user}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>

        </dataSource>

    </transactionManager>

            <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="${jdbc.driver}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL" value="${jdbc.url}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.Username" value="${jdbc.user}"/>

            <property name="JDBC.Password" value="${jdbc.password}"/>