ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick.Wellman <Rick.Well...@kiewit.com>
Subject RE: How to configure SqlMapClient for multiple Oracle RAC services?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:56:28 GMT
I may be overstepping my overall iBatis knowledge but here is my
understanding:
1) The workhorse of iBatis is the SqlMapClient object which is
configured through an iBatis XML file (and you may be using Spring
configuration as well, sounds like it).
2) The XML file defines one, and only one, datasource (i.e. database
connection or connection pool to one specific database).
3) Therefore, it sounds like your only option is to configure/use a
second SqlMapClient object and refactor your methods to use the proper
one.
4) Caution: If you have transaction management assumptions in your
current architecture with a single SqlMapClient, then your new
architecture will HAVE to use an external transaction manager to
coordinate transactions across more than one database. [Admittedly, I am
relatively in experienced in the transaction management area so would
look to others to verify, refute, or augment this statement.]

-----Original Message-----
From: gunacesun_ibatis [mailto:gunacesun_iBatis@yahoo.com]
Thanks for taking time to respond.

I can see how some of the terminologies I used could have led you to
your assumptions.

What I have is one application. But with the move to RAC, some some of
the functions have to use one Oracle Service and others a different
service and hence different Connect strings also.

But from your reply it appears it is not possible to do that.

Thanks again.

Ganesh

Rick.Wellman wrote:

> (from the way you wrote your question) Assumption #1: You have N
> web-applications that each have their own Spring
> 'applicationContext.xml' file.
> Assumption #2: Until now, each configLocation property of the
> sqlMapClient bean has been identical.
>
> If Assumptions #1 and #2 are correct, then you have answered your own
> question without knowing it.
> Configure each application's .xml file according to the service that
> you identified in your original question.
> (No, I do not believe a single application can be configured to use
> more than one connection string.)

Quoted from:
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-configure-SqlMapClient-for-multiple-Oracle-
RAC-services--tp25849614p25900361.html