ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Vinaya Tirikkovalluru" <vinaya.tirikkovall...@converge.com>
Subject RE: Caching Question
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:14:16 GMT
I think the Caching used by IBatis is on Database side.
So, when you retrieve the cache it gives the following log statement

2009-09-17 14:09:42,631 [,] INFO  [STDOUT] {conn-100108} Connection
2009-09-17 14:09:42,647 [,] INFO  [STDOUT] Cache CACHE_OBJECT. WGCache'
: retrieved  object

You find good explanation in Ibatis guide.

Vinaya

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Bell [mailto:warrenbell2@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:52 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Caching Question

When I use caching, does the result object stay cached for a certain
period of time, so when I call the same sqlMap it returns me the cached
object instead of querying the db for it again? And can you point me to
a good guide of caching in iBatis?

Warren

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination
or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.