ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From I L <iss...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: IBatis 3 backward compatibility
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:32:07 GMT

Clinton,

You are correct. After more testing, the mysql driver I am using is returning the same value
for both

getColumnLabel() and getColumnName(). Both did not return the table prefix.

However, I have another project running ibatis2 that is using the table prefix syntax with
no issues (e.g. column="user.version"). The bindings are actually working.

Does Ibatis2 execute some sort of discovery algorithm that ibatis3 does not? Like maybe removing
the table prefix before parsing? I am digging through ibatis2 code with no luck. As this is
the first time I am looking at the code, things are looking like Chinese to me.

Thanks for your help!

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:52:05 -0600
Subject: Re: IBatis 3 backward compatibility
From: clinton.begin@gmail.com
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org

Scenario 1 is entirely dependent upon your RDBMS and your JDBC driver... I don't believe it
works in iBATIS 2 either.  Most JDBC drivers seem to strip the table prefix from the column
name.  So unfortunately, column aliases are your only hope there.

If you find a JDBC driver that works differently (either for the column name or label) I'd
love to know, just in case there is a flag or something we can use.

I'll look into Scenario 2 and respond in the JIRA ticket.

Clinton