ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confusing on caching prepared statements with datasource and openSession?
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:46:55 GMT
So just for my own understanding... If I configured a datasource that
uses pstmt caching (which for example c3p0 can do on a per-connection
basis, which isn't a standard implementation I know), can I just not
even bother opening a Session in iBATIS with ExecutorType.REUSE and
I'd still get caching implemented by the underlying datasource? Sounds
like I'm best not even worrying about it and just use openSession().

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Clinton Begin<clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
> iBATIS only caches at the connection level anyway.  The broad support for
> this is lacking, so I just avoided the problem.
>
> 99% of the gain with psmt caching is in loops in a single thread anyway....
>
> Clinton
>
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Rick <rickcr@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought that most datasources allow you to cache preparedStatements
>> at the datasource level, so I'm confused what affect using
>> sqlSessionFactory.openSession(ExecutorType.REUSE) would be if you
>> have, or don't have, your datasource set to cache pstmts and you call
>> (and not call) openSession with ExecutorType.REUSE ?
>>
>> --
>> Rick R

Rick R