ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From CuriousMind <yogeshcjad...@hotmail.com>
Subject PL/SQL package level variables
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 04:48:02 GMT

Hi,

I am having 3 procedures which i want to call using IBatis framework. These
procedure are using package level variables and hence when I try to call
them, it ends up throwing error as the package variable value is not found.
Consider following scenario for more details
Package level variable = varPK
Procedure 1 sets varPK (Package level variable) to "SomeValue"
Procedure 2 tries to check value of varPK and finds that it is empty.

I know this could be resolved by writing wrapper procedure which will call
above listed procedure in sequence but I am looking for better solution. The
problem is that I am migrating existing application to Ibatis framework and
hence it is not possible to find out where such scenarios would come.
The error that I am facing is probably due to for every call to iBatis API
gets different connection object (I am using connection pool and spring
integration with ibatis.). I think this can be resolved only if current
thread will get same connection instance. Is there any way to ensure that
the current thread will always receive same connection instance?