ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS 3.0 and Spring 2.5 integration
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:20:41 GMT
Awesome!

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Gabriel Axel<guznik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I opened a JIRA request to add Spring support for iBatis 3 :
> http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5991
>
> I also implemented a very simple bean factory to do this and attached it to
> the request.
>
> Note: my implementation works with Spring 3.0 , but you may simple remove
> the generics to make it work with older versions.
>
> Gabriel
>
>
> Clinton Begin wrote:
>>
>> Nope.  In fact the compat library is not a supported library at this
>> time. It was primarily created to port the v2 unit tests to ibatis 3,
>> to ensure that we covered all of the known cases that iBATIS has
>> learned abut over the last 7 years.
>>
>> I'm not sure a compatibility layer is a good idea this time.  I did it
>> between V1 and V2, but that was a simpler transition.  There's a much
>> greater delta between V2 and V3.
>>
>> So, my thought was to use the compat library to load V2 config files
>> into a V3 Configuration object, then create a ConfigurationWriter
>> class to write out the equivalent V3 XML files....
>>
>> Then it would be safe to write a delegating wrapper to allow the old
>> V2 Java code to work with the V3  core and config files...
>>
>> Unfortunately, I'm out of time on that one.  I'd love to see if
>> someone could write a ConfigurationWriter class... that's a nice
>> isolated unit of work for someone in the community to try.
>>
>> The Configuration class should allow for introspection on the full
>> iBATIS configuration.  There may be one or two edge cases.
>>
>> Clinton
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Zhubin Salehi<zhoozhoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So here comes "Mr. Attitude" again:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if iBATIS 3.0 is supposed to work with Spring 2.5 through
>>> ibatis-compat library or not. I get a NoClassDefFoundError exception when
>>> I
>>> try to run my application on Tomcat 6:
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibatis/common/xml/NodeletException
>>>
>>> The stack trace doesn't say much about the root of the exception so I was
>>> not able to figure out if it is Spring that is trying to access that
>>> class
>>> or iBATIS. Also com.ibatis.common.xml package is not in ibatis-compat
>>> library.
>>>
>>> Andy ideas?
>>>
>>> Zhubin
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/iBATIS-3.0-and-Spring-2.5-integration-tp24973590p24973590.html
>>> Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/iBATIS-3.0-and-Spring-2.5-integration-tp24973590p24976251.html
> Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org


Mime
View raw message