ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Michael Schall <mike.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Prepared Statement cache
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:00:54 GMT
We run are running iBATIS within WebSphere 6.1 on Windows using JNDI against
a DB2 database.  During a performance tuning session we found a query using
an index that did not have a vital column.  We added the missing column to
the end of the index on a test database and using a db2 query analyzer we
saw a big performance gain.  We moved the index to our production servers
and see similar gains using db2 tools, however we do not see the benefit in
the WebSphere application.  How/Where are are prepared statements cached and
how can I clear them to get a plan that takes advantage of the new index.
Thanks

Mike