ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Brown <dbr...@sexingtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: JUnit DAO queries test OK but JUnit DAO non-queries are a mystery?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:21:18 GMT
Hello Larry, thanks for the speedy reply. I am not a long time iBatis user and therefore lack
considerable background. Notwithstanding, I am not sure of your reply: Transactions? On the
software side I have the non-query testcases annotated: @Transactional. On the database side
I am using the MySql transactional engine: innodb. I have studied the output of the MySql
command: show innodb status but nothing under transactions or the queries categories shows
anything of interest. Please try to be more specific for the uninitiated.

Regards, David.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Meadors" <larry.meadors@gmail.com>
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2009 10:49:15 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: JUnit DAO queries test OK but JUnit DAO non-queries are a  mystery?

Transactions? That's my guess.

Larry

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM, David
Brown<dbrown@sexingtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hello iBatis dev, gurus, users and mortals, I have a very curious situation with 6 testcase
methods: 4 queries and 2 non-query. The 4 queries are some form of select against a where
clause and an Integer ID and the same as: select count(*) where ... The asserts for all the
queries pass. On the other hand the non-queries: 1 insert and 1 update don't fail either but
inspection of the database records show no change. Any ideas on how to diagnose please advise,
David.