ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Benjamin Klatt" <benja...@bar54.de>
Subject AW: AW: String parameter problem
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:51:11 GMT
No there should not be any limitation that you will have to worry about.
What data type do you use in the database for the PX_IR025_PAN field?

Can you try to explicitly define your sql data type in the query?
Like: where PX_IR025_PAN = #pan:VARCHAR#




-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Cax [mailto:cahyadihermanto@gmail.com] 
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009 19:08
An: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: String parameter problem


yes,of course.there is a record which match the query. When i try to change
the data type to Long,it works.but if String,return null value. And
then,when i change the WHERE clause condition,to based on other field which
the data type is String also like this :

select
      PX_IR025_PAN as pan,
      F9_IR025_CRN as CRN,
      FX_IR025_EMB_NAME as name,
      FX_IR025_CRD_PGM as crdPgm,
      FX_IR025_UPD_UID as updId
    from IR025
    where FX_IR025_UPD_UID = #updId#

and it works...FYI,the field length for FX_IR025_UPD_UID is 8 char only...is
there any length limitation for String data type?



Benjamin-Klatt wrote:
> 
> Hi cax,
> 
> have you tried to execute the query directly on the database to ensure
> there
> is a result for your query?
> 
> br
> Benjamin
> 
> 
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Cax [mailto:cahyadihermanto@gmail.com] 
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009 17:31
> An: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: String parameter problem
> 
> 
> Hi,i turn on Log4j,but i can't see what is the problem in the log
> file..here
> is the result in the log file :
> 
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,422 DEBUG main com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl - Created
> connection 35293.
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,438 DEBUG main java.sql.Connection
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {conn-100000}
> Connection
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,438 DEBUG main java.sql.Connection
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {conn-100000}
> Preparing Statement:      select       PX_IR025_PAN as pan,      
> F9_IR025_CRN as CRN,       FX_IR025_EMB_NAME as name,      
> FX_IR025_CRD_PGM
> as crdPgm,       FX_IR025_UPD_UID as updId      from IR025     where
> PX_IR025_PAN = ?       
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,703 DEBUG main java.sql.PreparedStatement
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {pstm-100001}
> Executing Statement:      select       PX_IR025_PAN as pan,      
> F9_IR025_CRN as CRN,       FX_IR025_EMB_NAME as name,      
> FX_IR025_CRD_PGM
> as crdPgm,       FX_IR025_UPD_UID as updId      from IR025     where
> PX_IR025_PAN = ?       
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,703 DEBUG main java.sql.PreparedStatement
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {pstm-100001}
> Parameters: [1234567890123456]
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,703 DEBUG main java.sql.PreparedStatement
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {pstm-100001}
> Types: [java.lang.String]
> 2009-07-08 21:59:12,734 DEBUG main java.sql.ResultSet
> com.ibatis.common.logging.jakarta.JakartaCommonsLoggingImpl -
> {rset-100002}
> ResultSet
> 2009-07-08 22:08:43,805 ERROR main ibatis.com.mydomain.data.Main
> ibatis.com.mydomain.data.Main - java.lang.NullPointerException
> 
> 
> Andrey Rogov-2 wrote:
>> 
>> hi ,
>> turn on Log4j and look at the sql statement, prepare, parameter and query
>> result .
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 2009/7/7 Cax <cahyadihermanto@gmail.com>
>> 
>>>
>>> hello, I got a problem in iBatis, i hope somebody could help me...
>>> i hit problem when i pass in a parameter which the data type is string,
>>> and
>>> the field length in database is 19 char. But,it throws exception because
>>> the
>>> returned object is null. and then i try to change the WHERE clause
>>> condition,to based on other field which the data type is number,and it
>>> works...
>>> i want to know what is the problem,is the string value too long or what?
>>>
>>> below is my code example :
>>>
>>> <select id="selectAccountById" parameterClass="Account"
>>> resultClass="Account">
>>>    select
>>>      PX_IR025_PAN as pan,
>>>      F9_IR025_CRN as CRN,
>>>      FX_IR025_EMB_NAME as name,
>>>      FX_IR025_CRD_PGM as crdPgm,
>>>      FX_IR025_UPD_UID as updId
>>>    from IR025
>>>    where PX_IR025_PAN = #pan#
>>> </select>
>>>
>>>
>>> in java:
>>>
>>> Account acc = new Account();
>>>
>>> acc.setpan("1234567890123456");
>>>
>>> acc = (Account) sqlMapper.queryForObject("selectAccountById", acc);
>>> //(Note : return null)
>>> System.out.println("  " + acc.getname());
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks before for your help....:-)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/String-parameter-problem-tp24370405p24370405.html
>>> Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>> 
>> 
> 
> -- 
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/String-parameter-problem-tp24370405p24393125.html
> Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/String-parameter-problem-tp24370405p24395565.html
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-java-unsubscribe@ibatis.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org


Mime
View raw message