ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nathan Modrzewski" <nmodrzew...@eaglexm.com>
Subject RE: FW: Connection Closing Problem
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 05:51:41 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion.  My connections are now being closed.

This list has been great. I want to thank everyone for helping me solve
this.

n  Nathan

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:34 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Connection Closing Problem

Here's a simple unpooled datasource implementation....

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/java/ibatis-3/ibatis-3-core
/src/main/java/org/apache/ibatis/datasource/unpooled/UnpooledDataSource.
java

Clinton

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
wrote:

For standalone applications, you probably should not use a Connection
Pool.  In other words, you should either pass in your own connection, or
use a non-pooling datasource implementation.  I think you can achieve
this effect by setting the max idle connections on SimpleDataSource to
0, or you can just implement your own datasource and plug it into
iBATIS.

The other way you could deal with it would be to cast the DataSource to
SimpleDataSource and call .forceCloseAll().

Cheers,

Clinton

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Nathan Modrzewski