ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Erinc Arikan <erincari...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:05:23 GMT
Thanks a lot Vinaya;

I already read your question and the answer.

To find out an answer for my question, I went through tutorial and It looks
like if you don't specify pool properties default values are
used.(MaxActiveConns = 10 and MaxIdleConnections = 5), so that's the default
behavior.

Even though we have enough information about database pooling settings in
the tutorial, I couldn't find any information about maxRequests,
maxSessions, maxTransactions attributes of the setting element.

For instance I set my MaxActiveConnections to 500 and MaxIdleConnections to
5, since I don't want idle connections on my connection pool. How should I
set my maxRequests, maxSessions and maxTransactions?(Default values are
512,128,32) Is default value for each setting is good?

Is simple datasource pooling good for an application that can handle 1000
requests per second, or should I consider using DBCP for pooling?

Thanks in advance.

Erinc