ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Erinc Arikan <erincari...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:24:56 GMT
Hi All;

I've been using IBATIS on our back end for some time. I am using simple
datasource and I haven't configured any database connection pool in the
configuration xml. I am wondering if there's a default connection pool
setting when that's the case(does ibatis by default take care of connection
pooling?) or does it mean that all the traffic is processed over one jdbc
connection?

If latter is the case, I feel like having a connection pool will increase
the performance significantly. Our system might process upto 1000 requests
per second, under forementioned assumptions what would be ideal connection
pool size?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks for the awesome product and help in advance.

Erinc