ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Vinaya Tirikkovalluru" <vinaya.tirikkovall...@converge.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:13:18 GMT
Hi Erinc,

Even though the documentation says, iBatis sets up the connection pool
with min pool size as 10, I was not able to see the 10 connection in the
database. So I am skeptical about this.

But when I setup the connection pool with Jboss, I was able to see the
min size(5) connections as soon as I started the application.

Vinaya

________________________________

From: Erinc Arikan [mailto:erincarikan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 3:05 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Connection Pooling

Thanks a lot Vinaya;

I already read your question and the answer.

To find out an answer for my question, I went through tutorial and It
looks like if you don't specify pool properties default values are
used.(MaxActiveConns = 10 and MaxIdleConnections = 5), so that's the
default behavior.

Even though we have enough information about database pooling settings
in the tutorial, I couldn't find any information about maxRequests,
maxSessions, maxTransactions attributes of the setting element.

For instance I set my MaxActiveConnections to 500 and MaxIdleConnections
to 5, since I don't want idle connections on my connection pool. How
should I set my maxRequests, maxSessions and maxTransactions?(Default
values are 512,128,32) Is default value for each setting is good?

Is simple datasource pooling good for an application that can handle
1000 requests per second, or should I consider using DBCP for pooling?

Thanks in advance.

Erinc

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Vinaya Tirikkovalluru