ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Vinaya Tirikkovalluru" <vinaya.tirikkovall...@converge.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:35:06 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure about iBatis taking care of connection pooling. But I had
a situation similar to you I have noticed that the creation of the
connection and closing the connection is taken care by iBatis. I have
seen that in the production environment, where we have almost 100
concurrent user, there were only 4 connections. We did not have any
issues with the connections till now.

I am trying to establish a connection pooling now.

But see the attached reply to my question.

Vinaya

________________________________

From: Erinc Arikan [mailto:erincarikan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 1:25 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: JDBC Connection Pooling

Hi All;

I've been using IBATIS on our back end for some time. I am using simple
datasource and I haven't configured any database connection pool in the
configuration xml. I am wondering if there's a default connection pool
setting when that's the case(does ibatis by default take care of
connection pooling?) or does it mean that all the traffic is processed
over one jdbc connection?

If latter is the case, I feel like having a connection pool will
increase the performance significantly. Our system might process upto
1000 requests per second, under forementioned assumptions what would be
ideal connection pool size?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks for the awesome product and help in advance.

Erinc

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination
or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.