ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Does ping really work?
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:39:57 GMT
Hi,

I get an exception attached at the end. Here are the ibatis pool properties:

Pool.MaximumActiveConnections=20
Pool.MaximumIdleConnections=5
Pool.MaximumCheckoutTime=20000
Pool.TimeToWait=20000
Pool.PingEnabled=true
Pool.PingQuery=SELECT 1 FROM always_one_row
Pool.PingConnectionsOlderThan=0
Pool.PingConnectionsNotUsedFor=5000

How is it possible getting this exception?
"Pool.PingConnectionsNotUsedFor" is set to 5 seconds and mysql complains
that last packet was sent 758278 seconds ago. As far as I understand for
connections older than 5 seconds the ping command should be executed and
if not successful a new connection created.

I use ibatis-2.3.4.726. Does anybody have an idea?

Zsolt

2009-06-14 14:31:19,167 ERROR dao.impl.ProjectDaoImpl     - iBATIS
exception [TP-Processor489]
--- Check the findProject-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (query failed).
--- Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The
last packet successfully received from the server was758278 seconds
ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 758278 seconds
ago, which  is longer than the server configured value of
'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing
connection validity before use in your application, increasing the
server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J
connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.MappedStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(MappedStatement.java:201)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.MappedStatement.executeQueryForList(MappedStatement.java:139)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:567)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:126)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForList(SqlMapClientImpl.java:102)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.util.SqlMapClientWrapper.queryForList(SqlMapClientWrapper.java:345)