ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Brown <dbr...@sexingtechnologies.com>
Subject SimpleDataSource type a house-of-cards?
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:15:23 GMT
Hello IBatis java users, I have read through the SQL Maps PDF and at the very bottom of the
document there is fairly strong language the the SimpleDataSource is what-it-is: Simple. I.E.
not to be used in a heavy transaction enterprise web app. I gooled this issue and some indefinite
answers hovering around substituing DBCP but even this was not convincing. I have know about
DBCP for some years but never have I used this technology. And, I'm not in a position to use
something like Weblogic as the last gig I was on was all Weblogic and a nightmare to configure.
I am using the AppFuse: wicket-spring-ibatis-mysql framework and it is proving to be very
promising. Notwithstanding, I would just like to know if anyone can say the SimpleDataSource
can bring the house-of-cards tumbling down? What are the reasonable ORM commercial alternatives
to the SimpleDataSource type? Please advise, David.