ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Brown <dbr...@sexingtechnologies.com>
Subject IBatis noob/hibernate refugee
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:22:33 GMT
Hello IBatis dev, gurus and mortals, I'm an IBatis noob fleeing from hibernate. I have a legacy
database that will fair better under IBatis if I can get over the learning curve hump. In-all-likelihood
this has been review before but my time constraints will not allow me to languish. I have
installed both the Eclipse Ibatis plugin and the command line version. I both cases I am failing
to generate anything. In Eclipse I have filled in the ibatorConfig.xml but when I right-click
the ibatorConfig.xml file in the Eclipse to run the menu item: Generate IBATIS Artifacts I
get a big red-X pop dialog the exclaims: Generation Failed. Reason: Unexpected error while
running IBator: Exception getting JDBC driver.

IF I attempt largely the same thing using the command-line:

java -jar ..\..\..\st\dev_tools\ibatis\lib\ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar -configfile ibatorConfig.xml
-overwrite

I get the following error condition:

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
..\..\..\st\dev_tools\ibatis\lib\ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar

Any and all ideas for an IBatis noob will be greatly appreciated. Please advise, David.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don’t
(Valid only for 2's complement).