ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: Lazy loading when having dynamic table names
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 16:55:39 GMT
Not that I am throwing stones, but you really should raise an issue about
this schema design. I perviously worked in a company that took this
approach in designing their data model. As you have already seen, this is
not an easy data model to work with for obvious reasons, but the greatest
problem with this design is the fact that you are intermingling different
companies data. How do you think General Motors would feel knowing that
their data resided in tables right next to Ford's. I'm certain Ford would
not like this as well. You should leverage the database's schema
functionality to isolate the data properly.

gratler69@freenet.de
05/04/2009 07:03 AM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Lazy loading when having dynamic table names

Hi!

In our DB schema (that cannot be changed) we got dynamic table names,
depending
on the current company, i.e. there are tables ORDER_100, ORDER_200,...
with
ORDER_100 being company 100's ORDER table, etc.

Now everything is fine, for a single select, as I can pass the current
company
as a parameter and configure query like this:

<select id="findOrders" parameterClass="org.test.OrderSearchCriteria"
resultMap="OrderDataResult">
 ORDER_$company$ where ORNO = $id$
</select>

But what if i want to get ORDER table's related CUSTOMER using lazy

Then I will need something like:

<select id="getCustomerById" resultMap="CustomerDataResult">
                  CUSTOMER_$company$ where CUNO =#id#
</select>

with the resultMap of orders looking like this:

<resultMap id="OrderDataResult"  class="OrderData">
    <result property="orderNumber" column="ORNO" />
    <result property="customer" column="CUNO" select="getCustomerById" />
</resultMap>

And I can see no possibility to pass the 'company' parameter to
getCustomerById
select...
I think of generating sqlmap configuration dynamically, i.e. there would
be a
get getCustomerById_100, getCustomerById_200, etc. then. But that's poor
and
ugly...

What would be useful is some global variable that could be set on the
current
session, or something, and one could use within any statement then.

Do you have a solution to this problem?
Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Gratis: Jeden Monat 3 SMS versenden-
Mit freenetMail - Ihrer kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/sms/index.html?pid=6830