ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Warren Bell <warrenbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to have two datasources in sql-map-config.xml
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 20:26:18 GMT
I have objects that are made up of data from two different datasources.
I am currently using spring and my configuration is like that below. I
guess this is a design question, but I have always constructed these
type of objects in a service layer. It doesn't look like you can access
two data sources from 1 dao or if you should even do this. Does it make
sense to construct these type of objects in one DAO? Or should the DAOs
be tied to one datasource and stricly return one object?

I guess what I am asking is, what is the best way to construct an object
that is made up from two different datasources? And should the
construction of an object be completed in the DAO?

Warren

--
Thanks,

Warren Bell