ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Dan Turkenkopf <dturk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ibtor not preserving custom methods
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 01:26:15 GMT
As far as I know, that's only true from the Eclipse plugin.

This is the excerpt from the documentation on the Web site:

"Every field and method generated by Ibator includes the non-standard
JavaDoc tag @ibatorgenerated. When run from the Eclipse plugin, on
subsequent runs of Ibator every Java element that includes this JavaDoc tag
will be deleted and replaced. Any other Java element in the class will be
untouched by Ibator. With this in mind, you can add other fields and methods
to the classes without fear of losing them in subsequent runs of Ibator -
simply DO NOT include the @ibatorgenerated JavaDoc tag on anything that you
add to the class.

Outside of the Eclipse plugin, Java files need to be merged by hand, but you
can use the @ibatorgenerated JavaDoc tag to know what is safe to delete from
a prior version of a file."

The plugin uses the merging capabilities that are part of the Eclipse
platform.  There's no easy way to accomplish the same task running outside
Eclipse.  I know Jeff has talked about implementing it in the past, but it's
a whole lot of work to do right.

Hope this helps,

Dan Turkenkopf