ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From sjewett <sjew...@clarksna.com>
Subject Identify the record that caused unique constraint violation
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:57:51 GMT

Hi All,

We are using iBATIS 2.1.7.  I'm getting a java.sql.BatchUpdateException:
ORA-00001: unique constraint when using executeBatch to insert records.  I
would like to get some information (field values) about the specific record
that caused the unique constraint violation.

I read in the iBATIS documentation that with version 2.2.0 there is an
executeBatchDetailed method.  The documents says that "If a
java.sql.BatchUpdateException occurs, the method will throw BatchException
which contains information about the statement that caused the exception . .
."

Does anyone know if this means I can identify the record that caused the
violation?  Or if there is another way to get this information when using
batch inserts?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
sjewett