ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jhaver, Rishi" <RJha...@wheels.com>
Subject Oracle connection objects
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:28:46 GMT
Thanks for all the responses.

If I'm looking to create a connection object from within the java code,
- how do I create such a connection object from my code (that will work
with IBATIS). Do I need to use java.sql.Connection ? or something else ?
- can I use this object along with user name and pwd credentials to
connect to an oracle db.

Thanks
Rishi...

________________________________

From: Chris O'Connell [mailto:oconnell@gorillachicago.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:00 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sql Map file

I would suggest the appserver route.  In at least the version of
weblogic that I am using, the password is saved to the file system, but
it is encrypted in the config file.  If that isn't possible, just
encrypt the password yourself and put some decryption code in an
extension of the datasource.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Alex Sherwin