ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris O'Connell" <oconn...@gorillachicago.com>
Subject Re: connection link failure issue
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:43:57 GMT
Configuring your 'ping' query will be specific to whatever database
connection pool you are using.  See if there is some documentation you can
find for your pool.  In general, what this will do is just have the pool
execute some very simple query at some configurable time.  This shouldn't
execute every time a user needs a connection from the pool.  Instead, this
should execute every 15 minutes or 30 minutes (or whatever).  Basically, you
are executing these queries every so often so that the systems around you
are reminded that these connections are active and shouldn't be closed.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Ashish Kulkarni <
ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:

> HiHow does the performance get affected if i add a ping query, or what is
> the best way to do it
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Chema <demablogia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Logs show that he's using a SimpleDataSource , so I guess, the
>> connection pool is implemented by iBatis
>>
>> I bet for a "firewall issue". Some is resetting the connection.
>> (Connection reset)
>>

>> 2009/4/24 Chris O'Connell <oconnell@gorillachicago.com>:
>> > I think the issue is within the database pool you are using, with is an
>> > entity separate from iBatis.

Chris O'Connell
Application Developer
Gorilla