ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eric T. Blue" <ericblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Ibatis support recursive sql maps?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 00:19:39 GMT
Hi,

I had to do something similar to this a few years ago.  However, I chose to
model that parent-child hierarchy (tree) in code rather than trying to solve
via SQL and iBatis.  In fact, this may be preferable from a performance
standpoint if the number of entities you're trying to model are large
enough.

If you're open to it, I'd recommend updating your query to return all of the
candidate rows from the table.  Then, create a mapping of parent ID to the
actual object and build the tree appropriately.  If you'd like a more
concrete example, I'm sure I can dig up the code somewhere.