ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From javaguy44 <javagu...@yahoo.com>
Subject upgrading to ibator 1.2.1-681 and overriding DAO Generator methods
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:09:28 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my ibator version from 1.1.0-426 to the latest stable
release 1.2.1-681.  I've been
looking over the docs regarding extending / implementing IbatorPlugin and I
have a few questions.  Previously, I was defining a custom DAOGenerator so
that I could override the methods generated for the DAOImpl e.g.
SelectByExample, insert, delete etc.  It was straightforward as my custom
DAOGenerator extended extended BaseDAOGenerator which I declared in abator
configuration.

Looking at v1.2.1, I see that providing a custom DAOGenerator has changed.
Following the documentation, declaring a custom DAOTemplate in daogenerator
config doesn't give me access to overriding a custom implementation of
methods(SelectByExample, SelectByPrimaryKey) etc.  Doing a debug / tracing
through the code, it seems like to upgrade + continue to override DAO
methods, i will have to:

- extend from IntrospectedTable
- extend from DAOGenerator
- extend from each MethodGenerator that I need to override

Can someone please verify if this is correct?

Many thanks